This document outlines all the ways in which the Company collects anonymized information from any individuals who access our Website (the “Website“), the ways in which it processes this information and the reasons behind this, and the ways in which it stores the information safely and securely.The below document also aims to acquaint you with the reasoning that underlies our strict information-processing methods.
The purpose of our Website is to provide you with useful information about online betting and the gaming industry, including but not limited to various tips, legal information, ‘how to’ guides and any other information we believe might be useful to you. As such, our content may also contain hyperlinks and advertisements, which, when clicked, lead you to third-party websites that we consider relevant to your interests (referred to as the “Services” together with the Website). While such third-party websites are provided by trusted third-party service providers, they still remain entities independent of the Company, and as such, they are guided by their own Privacy and Cookie Policies.
The Company carries no responsibility for any data which you submit to our third-party service providers. Before you share any data with them, we strongly advise you to carefully read their privacy policies.
Types of information collected
We collect certain “Non-personal Information” from you, mostly concerning technical and device markers, IP addresses, your operating system and browser version, the amount of time you spend on our Website, and the language you peruse our Website in. This information is collected for the purpose of streamlining our Website and making sure it both satisfies your needs and runs smoothly on as many different systems and devices as possible.
One way in which websites work towards improving their service is by using cookies. Cookies are tiny data packets that are created upon a user’s first entry to a website and dispatched to their device. They allow a website to keep track of the different users as a way of improving the website for future users. Cookies are usually temporary.
- Session cookies – these cookies are the most short-lived of all, as they are created upon entering a website, and deleted when you close your browser. We only use the most essential of session cookies to ensure the smooth and efficient running of our Website.
- Persistent cookies’– these cookies are longer-lived, and their purpose is to collect technical data about users and their devices which is relevant to the Website. These cookies may be kept for as long as a year. Three types of persistent cookies are used by our Services:
- Targeting cookies – targeting cookies trace your activity around the internet to ensure that you are provided with tertiary links and content that is relevant to your interests;
- Functionality cookies – these cookies distinguish you from other users, so that the Services can provide you with a personalized experience on your next visit;
- Analytical/performance cookies – these cookies collect anonymous technical data from your device, which is aggregated by our third-party partners and analyzed in order to understand the ways in which users utilize our Website. This is done with the purpose of providing you with a Website that matches your needs and interests.
Using user information
The data we collect from you is used for a number of different purposes, which are described below:
- Maintaining the security of our Website;
- Assessing the level of interest of our content for our users;
- Ensuring that the Website gives you an individualized and satisfactory experience;
- Maintaining the high level of our Services through feedback from you; and Researching user needs and interests as a way of improving and
streamlining our Services.
If called upon, we may also use the data that we collect from our users as a means of complying with a legal request or court order that has been served to the Company by a court of law or an equivalent legal entity.
Sharing your information
We may need to share your data with other business entities for a number of reasons, which are described below:
If the Company takes part in a major corporate transaction, we may need to share your information with all potentially involved parties. Such situations may include mergers, buy-outs and the sale of assets, and the parties involved may be the buyers, sellers, merger participants or other business partners. During the day-to-day running of the Company, we may also have to share your data with our business advisers, auditors, business affiliates and subsidiaries.
In a situation where the Company becomes involved in a court case, we may need to share anonymized data with the court or with a legal entity of equivalent powers, if this is legally requested or considered to benefit the resolution of the case. Other legal situations, in which your data may be revealed to a court include: protecting the rights, including intellectual property rights, of the Company, its partners, the users or other concerned parties; defending against illegal activities, including but not limited to security breaches or fraud; protecting the security of the Company, its partners and its users; contesting legal claims; and implementing Company policies.
Retention of user information
Securing and transferring your information
Being based largely online, and having users from all over the world, we take our and your security very seriously. For this purpose, we follow strict security procedures when it comes to the collection, processing and storage of user data, and we utilize the strongest and most up-to-date security software and encryption protocols to reduce the chances of data theft to an absolute minimum. Despite our most vigorous efforts, the internet is a large, unsafe place, which cannot be controlled, and data transfers over an internet connection still carry a certain risk. While we do everything in our power to protect your information, any transfers of data over the internet happen at the user’s sole risk.
Individuals below the age of 18 or legally prohibited from taking part in our Services and from sharing any Personal Information with our Website. The Services have been designed with an adult audience in mind.